Friday, July 14, 2006

The Jerrell Wedge Deserves More Scholarship Offers Blog

So I was reading the Washington Post this morning and it had an update on two student athletes from my alma mater(Frederick Douglass-PG), Zary Stewart(congrats on going to Syracuse) and Jerrell Wedge. The paper mention that only ONE school(Miami-Oh) had offered Jerrell and it was because of his size, he's only 5'10."

Before I get started on my rant, I don't expect young Mr. Wedge to start getting offers from Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida St or schools of that stature. However, it's some other schools out here who would be NUTS to to offer him.

If Jerrell is to go Miami-Oh I guarantee he'll be 1st team All-Mac. I'm willing to put all the money I have on that. People can measure times in the 40-yard dash, vertical jumps, height and weight, but the film DOES NOT lie.

Jerrell has put up high-production on a team full of D-IA athletes. So it's not like he's making tackles because he HAS to. He's doing because no one has been able to block the man who doesn't have "size." Even the post described him in the article as a hard hitter. This young man jeopardize his chance at a scholarship by playing with a broken hand. It wasn't even his senior year!!!

He's had over 100 tackles the past 2 years, the only other middle linebacker from Frederick Douglass High to do that went to the Pro Bowl last year (Shawne Merriman). When he met up with highly touted Navorro Bowman, who'll be a freshman at Penn St. this year, Mr. Bowman left with a dislocated shoulder.

Now the rest of the MAC, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, UCONN and Maryland better get with the program. I watch as they offer all these guys Jerrell have played against and dominated and I say to myself "Now this how coaches get fired."

You coaches have been warned. Pass on Jerrell Wedge and you will regret it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Toledo Rockets regret it.

11:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat system[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known methods to build an income online.

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home