Monday, May 01, 2006

Great Moments in ECU History Pt 3: Halloween Havoc

So my freshman year of college I became acquainted with Greenville, NC's Halloween traditions: Drink, put on a costume, and drink some more. The year was 1999 and Halloween fell on a Sunday which gave the good Students of East Carolina University Friday and Saturday to practice their drunk walk before Halloween even got there. Now, I did not get drunk ALL three days. Here's how the events of the weekend unfolded for me.

Friday...I know I had Geography and French on that day, I just don't remember if I went. Probably didn't but that's beside the point. That night while searching for something to do other than the normal go to the club thing...some of the fellas on my hall said there was a kegger at Players Club (apartment complex now called Pirates Place).
Kegger-noun- College party where there will be beer served out of a keg.
Anyway, I was like "cool, my first keg party...should be fun." So the complex isn't too far off campus so we walk. So we're there and of course it's mostly my friends of European decent there so you know it's gon' get wild.
Me and this other black dude who were there were telling all the white girls we were on the basketball team and they were eating it up. They were drunk too...it was about to go down.
Then folks just started throwing trash and bottles on the Tennis court. The gentlemen hosting the event politely asked folks to stop doing it. People kept doing it. So this time they stood on the Tennis court and made a threat. Of course...there's always one who has to see if they're really gonna fight. So this Rhode scholar throws some more trash on the court.
Man...they whooped his ass from the Tennis Court to entrance of the apartment complex. A riot ensues and follows the fight. Now, I'd already been to Prince George's County public schools and to many go-gos so I knew to lay back when a riot breaks out. Next thing you know...you see them flashing lights.
Oh my how the tables have turned...RICH WHITE PEOPLE running from the cops. It was funny, but the damn thing messed up the vagina I was gon' get. Blown. Caught a ride with these broads that lived in our building back to campus.

Don't miss Saturday's tale of my first experience with testing my limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home