Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I've changed my mind

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently (as always) and I've realized I was on a team that I shouldn't have been on.

I am a registered Democrat, but I'm cutting that affiliation. Really, when I thought about it, what is the dramatic difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party.

The Democrats voted for the "Most kids"...excuse me, "No Child Left Behind" act just like the Republicans did. They went along with the Iraq war.

The Democrats have also shown NO backbone on anything. At least you know where Republicans stand on the issues. You might not agree with how Republicans feel about abortion, but at least you know where they stand. You get Democrats up there to talk about something and you have to hear them ramble on to keep from pissing somebody off.

And then there's this myth, that Democrats are THE PARTY for Black folk. Just look at what the Democratic party is doing to all those Black residents of DC...they're kicking them out. Then, there are all the welfare programs they push to pacify Black people that's masked as help. Even a Republican created Affirmative Action.

Look Democrats and Republicans want your vote. They just go about different ways to getting it. I say screw them both. I'm officially a liberal!

1 Comments:

Blogger Washington Cube said...

I'm a contranarian. :)

Washington Cube Was Here. #400

12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home