Thursday, December 28, 2006

Upgrade Me? Be for Real!!!

*DISCLAIMER* To all the sisters out here with degrees, careers, money, houses, and cars, this does not apply to you. No need for you to be angry (For the most part).

Beyonce got these women out here turned upside down ON THEIR HEADS. All you dumb joants out here singing Upgrade You and Irreplaceable aren't using good logic. I've been listening to this crap ever since the album came out this summer and you women are out here singing this like it actually applies to them.

Alright lets breakdown "Upgrading" first. I'm 25-years-old with a degree and a career. So to "Upgrade" me you have to bring something more to the table. A degree, good job, commons sense, hatred for the Cowboys, good snatch...SOMETHING. While there are many sisters with degrees (as I mentioned before) most don't. Then there is a high probability of kids with those with no degrees. She may or may not be stuck in a dead-end job. Then they want some dude to take care of them while they don't want to cook, clean, work or anything.

So where's the upgrade? For that bull, I can be by myself. That sounds like a downgrade to me. A dude can find a lot of women to give up the vagina without dealing with all the mess you come with. Stop the madness slim. Seriously, you're 29-years-old with 3 kids by 2 different dudes, still living with your moms working a $10-15 an hour job. You need your ass whooped.

Now lets address being irreplaceable. This is simple math. Unfortunately brothers are being locked up and gunned down at a rate higher than any other ethnic group in America sooooooooo when you say "I can find another you in a minute:" you're lying to yourself babes. No, the dude who got coming over has about 2 or 3 other women JUST LIKE YOU on his roster. You running around singing that dumb shit instead working on yourself (which we all need to do). Then you can't figure out why your ass is 38 and it's looking bleak for marriage.

If a girl got a good dude with a degree, bread, career going, house and a car-he is NOT irreplaceable. It's not many out here. So who are you going to replace him with?

I know what I'm about to say is going to piss some women off. Men are like houses...Women are like cars.

As men get older, gain wealth and status we become more attractive. That's why many women already like to date older men. If I'm single at 35...I'll have a vast pool of women to choose from.

As women get older, gain wealth and status all that happens is their view on men become more jaded. Gravity starts to tug her. She thinks she still looks good, but not as good as she looked when she was in her 20's. If I can get a woman about her business, who still looks good and young enough to still rear healthy children...what good are you even if we are the same age? If a woman is single at 35...I hope she already has a man...because it's just going to get more difficult to find one.

Sorry ladies...I'm tired of hearing all this crap. Yall needed a reality check and I only deal with facts. Now, I'm not telling you to settle because there's no use being with someone if you're not happy. I'm telling you to know what your capable of.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Porgy,

All I have to say is: SAY IT ONE MORE TIME CAUSE I DON'T THINK THEY HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME. This speaks on the new phenomenon going on, and to quote Lisa's Jerryn, "30 is not the new 20, but delusional is the new reality." Half these chicks out here don't know how to upgrade a man and even more need to focus on upgrading themselves first.

9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right Right. I feel that 110%. What you are spitting is the very hard core but very true facts of the world we live in. But there is a way around it all. Women I know its hard...I know some of these cats look good and got dough....I know its been a while and you are wanting some but you HAVE TO STOP sleeping with guys as soon as you meet them. Men are hunters and the part they enjoy is the chase. Leave something to the imagination. Most guys dont even like going to the same strip club or watching the same booty flick too many times. Yoiu really think when you drop the drawers on the first night that he will really come back again??? COme on BE REAL!!! Even if it is the BEST and You are the BADDEST B or whatever. When he gets tired he will want to chase again and there are about 1000 more gazelles outside his door waiting to be run down!I never respected a woman more than when she tells me that she respects herself and that she wants to wait. If he jets after that...FINE At least that way you know what you are dealing with and you SHOULDNT want him anyway. My mama said it best and as a man than was once long ago very physical...VERY CARNAL...Very much a playa.........
"A man will only treat you they way you allow him to treat you. If you demand princess treatment and you deserve it...YOU WILL GET IT. If you act like a Ho he will greatfully ablidge and leave you money on the nightstand!!!

STop preaching "Upgrade Me" if you are doing nothing to upgrade yourself....Dont sit anything "to the left to the left" if you really dont want to loose it....and Stop Dropping on the first night!!!

WANt More: "Ready for Love" in stores Feb 07.
www.loveandartmovement.com
loveandartmovement@hotmail.com

10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently . . .

It is obvious that you, and folks that agree with you in part - or whole, need a little more clarity. In my OPINION, and of course, you're entitled to yours - I strongly feel that this comment was one sided and very offensive. So that there's no discrepancy going forward - I'm not a hata'. . .

First and foremost, a degree, record label, career, money, house, car, clothes, jewelry, kids, baby mamas and daddys, etc. DOESN'T DEFINE A HUMAN BEING. Nine times out of ten, the reason the majority of women/men, regardless of ethnicity, is considered a 'dumb joant' (as you so eloquently put it) is because of the next man/woman's selfishness. Kids don't just pop out, and a child is raised just as far as their educated/uneducated parents was able to. Apples rarely fall too far from the tree, and you are what you eat. . .

Second, I'm sure that each person listening to the song would apply it according to their immediate lives. 'Common sense' implies that one already knows their limitations and aspirations, and how they relate to each other. When we don't have that connectivity, we highlight our ignorance by blaming others' deficiencies and cracking them up as 'being on their heads'.

I would love to say more, but I have a fan of yours beside me cheering for you. With that, I'll go, but know that the ideas you've highlighted in your comment leaves a lot to the imagination as to what morals and principles you'll teach your sons/daughters - ultimately adding to the community.

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read so much JUNK from men regarding where SOME women are. Well, let's talk about you...

Spend more time on acquiring wisdom instead of things. I could care less about a Maybach, what I do care about is your conversation, morals, and spiritual health. Without these things, you are REPLACABLE.
(Also, what does what you possess materially have to do with me anyway? What you have has nothing to do with me unless we're married and building an empire. Yeah, I said it...AN EMPIRE.)

If you don't have any respect for these "chicks", why are you polluting yourself by sleeping with them? Your body is a temple made by God and should be treated as such. And, I don't want a man who pollutes his body, so he can share it with me (ie. HIV/AIDS, STDs, etc.) Again, that makes you REPLACABLE.

Do not brag that there's so many FEW brothers like you due to your degree and material possessions. It sounds like your worth is based on the misfortunes of our poor brothers who are in jail, dead, or doing other negative things. How about you help yourself and the community by helping those who have gone astray, instead of giving yourself this false confidence, because "they're not that many brothers out there like you." What? You can't handle a little competition?

You are not a pimp if you take advantage of the weak (ie, those who expect more than what they put out). The Lord designed it so that the strong should help the weak, not misuse or treat with abuse. If she don't know any better, then why don't you with your fancy degree and status, teach her? If she's unwilling to learn what it takes to find and sustain love, then move on. You've tried to enlighten. Do you think you are any better than her, when you brag about how you did a "dumb joant"? (By the way, the she's a WOMAN/FEMALE/GIRL/MOTHER/DAUGHTER, not a joant!)

I'm going to tell you this. If you don't attempt to respect, love, and care for the women in your community (the good and the bad ones), you are contributing to the genocide of our community. There will be no one to carry your LEGACY into future generations. When will we realize that what we do right now in this moment will affect generations and generations of our descendants.

4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where to start.

Let me just say although there is a shortage of black males the last time I checked there are other men out there. The problem with black males and especially the one's who have this mentality that "they are one of the good ones" is that they expect black females to worship the ground they walk on. Just because you went to college, have a car and house doesn't mean you’re one of the good ones. When I find my life partner I want a man that works hard and respects himself and me, he could be a doctor, construction worker or whatever.

Now my second issue is that we need to stop bashing each other, calling someone out for what they're doing isn't going to improve the state of our community. The days when black people actually respected one another are long gone, we always want to put the next person down male or female to make ourselves look better.

How about we teach our friends, family, children and all the other black people we know and do not know how to respect and cherish one another. Although I am a black American I can see that black people from other countries have a better understanding of how to build a better community they stick together and help each other out. For the most part black Americans are only out for self sometimes family and friends too.

And let me address the song Irreplaceable the song is about her kicking her man to the side because he is cheating on her. This is to all the ladies out there don't keep a man if he is stepping out on you regardless of what he brings to the table because he might bring more to the table then you bargained for!

Now onto your theory about women being like cars and men like houses. All the houses I know need maintenance and without it they become in need of serious renovation or become useless. A car could last longer then an abandon house if it is well taken care of. And if you know anything about houses location is the key if it is stuck in a bad area it takes way to much effort to move.

12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Paidwell: My email is tressa624@yahoo.com. If you care to stop making assumptions about how I think or what I feel, I can be reached there.

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey George... I hate to say it but I agree with the last person to post. 1st, there will be no bragging about being "a good man". You dont know what you are until you have to put it on a plate and give it, 110% to someone else. etc. (Spouse, Child )Think about that. I do agree with your logic about women being arrogant and talking the upgrade/irreplaceable smack, especially when they dont have much to bring to the table... but dont think for a SECOND that men are not thinking and talking that same ish.. just because they arent singing Beyonce...

And while we're on the B-Kno bandwagon, lets not forget the trivial nonsense that this woman has been notorious for filling the minds of black people with. I mean come on. IF the woman is not a dumb ass, then she's just a rich overexposed girl who needs some better lyrics and a sandwich. PLEASE.. lets try.. women AND men, to stop living by the lyrics of a dumb ass pop song?!

~Love ya georgie
Maya

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home