Friday, July 08, 2005

The WNBA...It's Fantastic

So I went to a Mystics game last night for the first time since the first home game in franchise history. Now I had expected to see bad basketball, so I wasn't surprised there. However, all the extracurricular things going on in the crowd made this one of the most enjoyable sports outings I've had. I know some of yall are like "WHAT?" But, seriously, this was one hilarious evening.

I knew there would be a lot of lesbians at the game, but, WOW. I was not expecting to see THAT many. I mean they were mostly dom lesbians too with their Steve Harvey shape-ups. I'm not tryna judge, so do what you do, but imagine walking into a Wizards game and 75% of the crowd being flamboyantly gay males. Yeah, that would throw you off right? That's what last nite was the equivalent of.

So, you know how they show people on the big screen and people automatically start dancing. Well, there was little girl who won the dance contest by doing some of that St. Louis dancing the young folks be doing these days. The girl couldn't have been any older than 8 so she had no business doing it. That's not the point tho. During the next time out, they did the big screen thing again and another little girl decided she was going to do the same thing, but the girl did one shake and then you see the right hand of MOMS step in and you watch in laughter as the girl sits down embarassed, slumped in her seat. It was good to see parenting like that. Her daughter shouldn't know the dance, but at least her mother wasn't having it. The mom probably got the loudest cheer of the night too.

Last but not least, the lady in front of me and her daughter. I swear she looked like Tre Johnson's fraternal twin sister. Alana Beard made a thread and this lady got up to cheer spilling her water all over her hair and shirt. How the damn water got above her head like that is beyond me but it's how she didn't react to drenching herself. She just sat right back down like she hadn't spilled water on herself. Now her daughter was three; I know this because she told me about four times. She got restless and started running up and down the aisles. Well the event staff don't take to kindly to that and the lady working in our section ended up having to physically take the little girl back to her mother. Man, did the little girl not want to go though. She fought that event staff lady all the way and had, as my uncle would say, "the look of mophadiction" on her face. She was mad as hell. She was cute though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home