Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bracketology Addendum

More conference tournament previews folks.

Atlantic Sun: When talent meets experience, something special usually happens. That's the case in Nashville where the Belmont Bruins are gunning for their third consecutive trip to the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately for Belmont, it has had to play two final four teams in those two trips. At 21-8, boasting wins over Cincinnati and Alabama, Belmont looks to be in good shape for another shot at the big upset. However, the Bruins would be foolish to look past their second round opponent whether it be East Tennessee St or Lipscomb.

Sun Belt: It's been an interesting year in the Sun Belt. You have two teams from this league with legitimate at-large hopes in South Alabama and Western Kentucky. I think South Alabama is in good shape as long as they get to title game, but if I were Western Kentucky, I'd make sure I won the whole thing. That being said, the tournament is being played on USA's home court and it swept the hilltoppers during the regular season. Conventional wisdom would tell me that the Jaguars are the better team. I happen to think the third time is the charm for Western Kentucky. Two from the Sun Belt? Stay tuned.

Patriot League: I've never seen a league where there were two top seeds, American and Navy, that I didn't trust at all. It's not that I don't think they're decent teams, it's because in the first round of the league to play Holy Cross and Bucknell respectively. Holy Cross and Bucknell have pretty much owned the league for the past six years. You all can go with the chalk, but I just have a feeling that the last-place Holy Cross Crusaders will be playing in the play-in game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home