Friday, March 30, 2007

“You Can’t Be Me….I’m a Rock Star”

This is another collaboration. I told you...I'm like the hot artist now...everybody wanna be on a single. This is my homie Boot talking about a subject that I was going to address personally. He said he wanted to speak on it...who am I to deny him the floor?

Sityosillyassdown. You are NOT a rock star. Nothing like it. Lemme tell you why……

First off lemme shout out Big Gee for allowing me the venue to scream on these bamma ass broads and negroes for a second.

“You can’t be me….I’m a rock star”– Pharrell

To my knowledge that was the first time I heard a rapper make reference to this weirdness that is upon us. Now before cats start screaming wild and kirking…..paying homage to Run DMC and their brilliant efforts wirh Aerosmith back in the day…..THIS ain’t THAT. Lemme explain…..

Back in the 80’s when hip-hop and rock fused…..there was NO identity crisis among the 2. You ain’t see Jam Master Jay trade in his bucket hat for a Mohawk. And I doubt very seriously that Steven Tyler even CONSIDERED for a second about rocking a velour adidas tracksuit. Cats did what they did yet remained true to what they really are. Not saying stepping outside the box isn’t cool but Inner City youths looking like extras in an xgames ad is beyond my realm of comprehension.

Like seriously……why does Shaquanna have a Mohawk? Why does Leroy have on skateboard shoes….and that nigga couldn’t skateboard if his life depended on it? GETWITISM AT IT’S FINEST. Lack of shyt QUALITY to be proud of in their OWN sectors. Or simply a desire to be THAT different that it breeds true bammafication. Whatever the reason….I don’t like it.

In my OWN neighborhood I see it DAILY. Lil boys running around with wallet chains…..boney ass jeans…….extra medium shirts. The Females…..mohawks…..mardi gras beads…...fiddy’leven colors……all that on top of some wild color cheap ass pumps. The Hell?!?!?! Mo I don’t know about YA’LL but when I was growing up(I’m 26) ANY of the above woulda got you FRIED…..mercilessly. How did the shyt we used to wear on BAMMA day at school become “The Style”? What part of the game is THIS?

At this point it’s not even a matter of Old School Vs. New School. It’s a matter of individuality…..pride…..self worth…..MATCHING CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!! I feel for the 14-21 generation. They are living the life of someone they simply can’t relate to. Gone are the days where your clothing choice reflected your PERSONAL sense of style. Where we are NOW……shyt I don’t even know. Can’t say “you’re being an individual” because errybody looks just like your bamma ass. You just another offcolor gitwit weirdo that was too lazy to match your gear up. Nothing More.


These youngins need to come to the realization that Pharrell….Jim Jones….Gwen Stefani…..etc. get PAID to look like the asses they are. Your dumb ass just dropped $100 on a super tight shirt that don’t cover 20% of your arm. You have a wallet chain……and no wallet. And don’t get to wrecking…….I’ll be DAMNED if I get slumped by a nigga in stretch jeans. That shyt ain’t happening no day of the week. I don’t care how legit your left hook is….you ain’t got NO mobility in them nuthuggaz mo. NONE. A quick bob and weave and you gon split your Sergios young man. Come up off it. Get you some Levi’s.


I can’t wait to see what fashion has in store for us next…..one thing I’m almost POSITIVE I can say about it is I will not be participating.


“We taking Rock and Roll To another Level……Iced out Skullheads” – Juelz Santana

Sad Damn Case

Lewd…..Offensive…..Crude……..BOOT!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is very little individuality in the world as it is, especially when it comes to fashion choices for the 13 - 22 set. A look (and the personality that comes with it) is sold. Right now, it's skater..but before that it was something else. By the time any fashion hits the masses (hiphop, alterna, whatever) its soul is long gone. Just my two cents.

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably the realest article ever wrote on this subject, forreal...............

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home